My Digital Server ® – Reduce or eliminate your hardware and software costs but retain some or all of your own server management. Virtual servers can be maintained by your administrator from any computer or device with an internet connection.
What is Server Hosting?
A virtual private server (VPS, also referred to as Virtual Dedicated Server or VDS) is a method of partitioning a physical server computer into multiple servers such that each has the appearance and capabilities of running on its own dedicated machine. Each virtual server can run its own full-fledged operating system, and each server can be independently rebooted.
The practice of partitioning a single server so that it appears as multiple servers has long been common practice in mainframe computers, but has seen a resurgence lately with the development of virtualization software and technologies for other architectures.
Benefits of Server Hosting
- Bridge the gap between shared hosting services and dedicated hosting services
- Less cost than a physical dedicated server
- Superuser-level access to that operating system instance
- Significant reduction of IT costs
- Significant reduction of hardware costs
- Significant reduction of Wide Area Networks costs
- Significant reduction of bandwidth costs
- Significant reduction in the cost of application deployment
- Near-instant provisioning of new desktops
- Near-instant provisioning of new servers
- Near-zero downtime in the event of hardware failures
- Robust desktop image management capabilities
- Normal 2-3 year PC refresh cycle extended to 5–6 years or more
- Existing desktop-like performance including multiple monitors, bi-directional audio/video, streaming video, USB support etc.
- Ability to access the users’ enterprise desktop environment from any PC, (including the employee’s home PC)
- Desktop computing power on demand
- Centralized Security and Permissions to all sensative office information
- Multiple desktops on demand
- Self provisioning of desktops (controlled by policies)